Monday, June 19, 2006

church-capades, part deux...

...will be posted next week, when I actually go to church. Saturday night I started reading a book around 8 p.m. I did not put it down (except to drive home and do the dishes piled up in my sink) until about 5 a.m. It was so good! But, needless to say, I didn't make it out of bed in time for church. I know, I know...I'm a bad person. Next week...next week.

In other news, my evening of mindless TV-watching was rudely interrupted last night when I noticed an ant crawling across my pillow, inches from my face. It was a small ant, but an ant nonetheless, and I figured the ant on my pillow had friends somewhere else in my room. When I found ants in the bottom of my laundry hamper, I really began to worry. Then, I looked down at my carpet, and there was the ant colony, crawling away. I didn't notice them earlier because my carpet is a dark industrial blue, and everything blends in. They probably chose that color on purpose.

Anyway, imagine my disgust when I realized there were hundreds of ants crawling around on my carpet. I drove immediately to Wal-Mart, where I bought some spray ant killer and a hand vac. Both turned out to be very effective on the ant battlefield, and while I doubt you can ever actually rid your living quarters of a pest problem, I at least think I can keep them at bay. I'm just really baffled...I can't figure out why hundreds of bugs hang out in my bedroom instead of the kitchen, where the food is.

Mom, Dad...considering you'll be sleeping pretty close to the floor, you might want to reconsider your promise to come visit. :)

No comments: