Sunday, June 04, 2006

TV and fat people

I'm officially bored with TV. I've resorted to watching a show on TLC called "Honey, We're Killing the Kids." It's basically a family of fat people who are trying to lose weight and get healthy for the sake of their children. I applaud the effort, but I'm appalled at the apparent amount of people who have no clue about nutrition in general. "You mean Caesar dressing isn't healthy? I thought fried okra was okay because it's a vegetable. Well, I only had 1/4 cup of mayonnaise today. What do you mean I shouldn't put bacon on my quarter pounder?" Seriously, people...it's no wonder we're all obese.

On this show, there is a doctor who comes in and changes the lifestyle of the family. One of the lifestyle changes she made was getting rid of the TVs in the kids' bedrooms. This was preceded by a lengthy spiel about how people who watch more TV are exponentially more obese than people who watch less TV. How ironic that TLC has made a TV show to tell people that the more TV they watch, the fatter they'll be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How ARE you? How's GA?

Anonymous said...

How the hell are you?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Osteosporosis. That's funny. I heard someone say "supposibly" the other day and giggled. Dude, thanks for letting us stay in your apartment. It was awesome, and I swear we only broke your bed, toilet, and the carpet was only on fire for a few seconds.