Thursday, April 20, 2006

living alone

For the most part, I love living alone. I never have to share my TV or my bathtub or, most importantly, my kitchen. Of course, there are some times when things would be easier if I had someone around, like when I'm hanging things on my wall or when I need help putting the cover back on my futon (it took me half an hour, but I finally got it). But even these things that would be easier if I didn't have to do them alone, I can still do eventually. It might take a while, but eventually, I can make it happen.

But, I've finally met my match. I found something that, as of yet, I have not been able to do by myself: put sunscreen on my back. You know that area of your back between your lower shoulder blades? Yeah, I cannot reach it for the life of me, and so far, I haven't found a way to apply sunscreen to it. This poses a problem because I've recently fallen in love with my pool, and I like to lounge in the surrounding lawn chairs whenever possible. I've been trying to devise a plan to sunscreen myself in that hard-to-reach spot, and so far the only idea I've had involves a paint roller. I'll let you know how that works out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, there are pros and cons to living with a person. But I think the pros and cons can change due to the individual person you live, or not live with.
Living by yourself, you don't have to answer to anyone, you can do your own thing is your own peace. You rely only on yourself and that is fine but sometimes it is nice to have someone there for you.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the paint roller idea sounds genius. I'd just stay with that option. Does it apply evenly?