Saturday, May 20, 2006

google reigns supreme

After a 550-mile journey, I feel I am qualified to make the following statement:

GOOGLE IS BETTER THAN MAPQUEST.

Although both Google and Mapquest provided very accurate maps, they gave me different estimated times of travel. Mapquest estimated a total travel time of 9 hours and 58 minutes. This was very close to the amount of time I actually spent in the car. However, Google gave me an estimated travel time of 11 hours and 50 minutes or so. Even though this is much longer than I actually spent in the car, Google wins. Why? Because as I crossed into Georgia, I saw a giant sign: "Now Entering Eastern Time Zone." Aha! Google was smart enough to factor in not just actual travel time, but the crossing of time zones. Therefore, I declare Google superior.

It's only a matter of time until Google takes over the world. Maybe I should try to work for them. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

No comments: