Sunday, May 14, 2006

midnight train to georgia

Okay, so it's more like a daytime drive to Georgia...but still, the important thing is that I'm halfway there. Tonight I'm staying in Olive Branch, MS, which is a little south of Memphis. Tomorrow I'll drive for 5 hours and 37 minutes (according to Mapquest; 6 hours and 39 minutes according to Google...I'm hoping Mapquest is correct), and then I'll reach my destination! Hooray, Georgia!

I haven't updated since finals week, when I left the blog world with a compelling and hilarious list of things I've done while sleep-deprived. I'm not sure why it's compelling, but it is. Maybe it compels people to get enough sleep. Regardless, I thought I'd get everyone up to speed on what's been happening since finals week.

Since May 11, 2006...
Hours slept: at least 30
Miles driven: approximately 430
A's made: two
Rivers kayaked: one
Dollars spent: who even knows?
Goodbye hugs shared: five (Megan, I'll miss you! I promise to come to Austin and visit)

I'll post tomorrow, from Eastern time, hopefully with a peach in hand.
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gotten a hug! I miss you! Have a great time in GA. We caught a freakin' HUGE bear today (~350 pounds)!!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Leah.. I used to live in Olive Branch, MS when I was in kindergarten!