Tuesday, May 02, 2006

reviving the espresso maker and other random thoughts

This morning, in lieu of my usual giant cup of coffee, I decided to have a double shot of espresso instead. In honor of (really, because of) my final projects, I decided to clean up my espresso maker and put it back to work. I'm glad I did.

I handed in one of two giant papers yesterday, so now I get to focus on just one more for the next two days. I plan on working all day today and all day tomorrow. I hope that will be enough time to finish everything up. I'm going to change my project up a bit, so hopefully it will make it easier to deal with. I think I was thinking too big at first; this will make it realistic enough to handle.

In other news, I had a presentation yesterday that I think went okay. My plan was to make fantastic snacks so as to distract everyone (mostly the professor) from how terrible my paper was. Actually, I don't think my paper was that bad, but I'm never happy with anything I turn in. Anyway, I think the snacks worked. I made mini cupcakes iced with chocolate ganache and artichoke dip in mini bread bowls. Both were hits. I sent the rest of the cupcakes home with the professor. My hope is that he's eating them while grading my paper.

On an unrelated note, what's up with CNN playing songs before their segments? Right now I'm watching a bit on car incentives, and to segue into it, they played "Drive In, Drive Out" by the Dave Matthews Band. I think that's even lamer than the usual news music.

No comments: